Friday, January 23, 2009

Steam of Consciousness

This blog is brought to you by Stream of Consciousness Co. in partnership with Lack of Inspiration Inc. Starting now...

I know I should be adding something to this blog. My last post was a whole week ago. What am I to talk about, I wonder.

I'm reading a book right now called The Murder of Bindy Mackenzie by Jaclyn Moriarty, which I like a lot so far.

I'm humming this song Untouched by the Veronicas. I don't even particularly like it, but I heard it on the radio once and then it was in my head...and of course, once it was in my head and I figured out what it was, I had to look it up and listen to it again. I may get it out of my head soon with the new Kelly Clarkson song.

I realize that these musical musings are not writing related. I wonder if I should keep this blog mostly writing related. I decide that it's okay if it's not all I talk about, but I would like writing and books to be this blog's main focus.

Speaking of books, I won four of them in a contest at The Story Siren. I'm eagerly awaiting my prizes. Check that blog out if you haven't been there before.

In school, a new semester has started. My school has block scheduling, meaning a new semester equals new classes. Pre-Calc is bound to make me a nervous wreck (The mathematical side of my mind has turned to mush since last year), but everything else seems fine.

I'm starting to think that I should have some regular features on this blog, like some of my own favorite blogs have. Not quite sure what I want these to be, however.

Howie Mandel is on The Ellen Degeneres Show right now. No strong opinions on him, though for a while I enjoyed Deal or No Deal.

And this seems sufficient...utterly pointless, but sufficient.

Are you supposed to time stream of conciousness and then see what you come up with? Oh well, I shall be a rebel. You, blog reader, should try some stream of conciousness for thirty seconds or so in the comments, though...or you know, just comment on my streaming.

Also, Howie Mandel is now in a plastic bubble. In case you wanted to know. :)

ETA: Wait, does it count as stream of conciousness if I go back and edit a few things? Let's just say it does. I mean, I was just trying to help you all by making my blog readable.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love free books! I know I do :)
    Untouched by the Veronicas is a horrible song. It was on every radio station in Aus for a while. So annoying.

    Okay, so that's my stream-of-consciousness comment. Hope it made sense!

    ReplyDelete